Refrigerated Probiotic Policy
Our manufacturers formulate their probiotics with overages of live cultures to ensure their products retain viability until they reach the consumer. All probiotics requiring refrigeration are shipped from our warehouse and remain refrigerated until the time of shipment. During warmer months these probiotics are shipped with a cold and thermal pack to ensure potency. Please be aware that cold packs will not arrive frozen and product will not arrive cold. During excessive heat, probiotics will inevitably arrive warm.
This product is shipped Monday through Wednesday until 12:00 noon eastern time. Orders received after 12:00 noon on Wednesdays will be held for shipment the following Monday (excluding holidays). A physical address (not post office box) will be required to order this product. For an additional fee, we can expedite the product from Monday through Thursday. Call us at 1-800-899-3413 or 410-335-2802 for details. Note: We do not recommend ordering this product if you live outside the U.S. If you want to order this product and ship it internationally, we cannot guarantee the label potency of the product.
**Please note: This product contains a prebiotic. It is offered as a hypoallergic alternative.**
This high-potency, hypoallergenic blend of 5 Lactobacillus species and 5Bifidobacterium species is designed to safely meet the metabolic and intestinal support needs of infants up to the age of 2 years. All Lactobacillus species in Nutrivene Baby Biotic produce predominantly L(+)-lactic acid that can be safely metabolized by infants. An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature at birth and cannot metabolize the D(-) isomer of lactic acid produced by many lactobacilli. Each species in Baby Biotic has been selected based on the scientific literature documenting its safety and crucial importance to the normal development of an infant’s gastrointestinal and immune systems. This product is designed to support a normal infant microflora that can be easily disrupted by caesarean section delivery, formula feedings, antibiotics, toxin exposures, and a maternal diet lacking in fresh fruits and vegetables.
Nutrivene Baby Biotic is available in a high potency powder providing 5+ billion CFUs per 1 scoop. Baby Biotic powder can be mixed with expressed breast milk, formula, or solid food at room temperature as appropriate.
• L. rhamnosus increases colonic B. breve populations and promotes healthy bifidobacteria diversity in infants. L. rhamnosus is important for the normal maturation of an infant’s immune system.
• L. casei is critical for the proper differentiation of immune dendritic cells as the infant’s immune system learns to distinguish between harmless antigens and toxins and pathogens. It increases the number of intestinal cells secreting IgA. L. casei contains enzymes that facilitate the break down of milk proteins and polypeptides as well as gluten.
• L. paracasei produces high amounts of L(+)-lactic acid and antagonizes pathogens such as rotavirus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Clostridium difficile.
• L. gasseri is native to the human gut and normally present in human breast milk. It produces hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins inhibitory to Clostridium, Listeria, andEnterococcus.
• L. salivarius normally colonizes the intestinal tract, enhances calcium absorption, and promotes normal intestinal barrier function.
Specific Bifidobacterium species are normally predominant in an infant’s gut microflora and constitute 95% of the anaerobic bacteria cultured from the stool of healthy, breast-fed infants. Nutrivene Baby Biotic contains species that are appropriate to an infant’s gastrointestinal tract. Bifidobacteria ferment an array of oligosaccharides including those found in breast milk generating the vital short-chain fatty acids such as butyrate, which are essential to healthy colon maturation and function.
• B. breve promotes growth of B cells in Peyer’s patches in the ileum. It antagonizes rotavirus and reduces intestinal populations of anaerobic Bacteroides and Clostridium.
• B. infantis is normally found in infants and its presence reduces the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis in premature or low birth weight babies.
• B. lactis enhances normal immune function by increasing numbers of total, helper, and activated T cells. It modifies gut microflora to support against allergic inflammation and increases IgA response to toxins.
• B. bifidum suppresses total and allergen-specific IgE secretion and its populations are often low in infants with allergies.
• B. longum regulates the immune response to respiratory antigens and inhibits neutrophil elastase, which is important to normal innate immune functions.
Suggested Use: For children over 12 months: 1 scoop, once or twice daily. For infants 6 to 12 months: 1 scoop daily. Mix product in infant formula, milk, juice, or solid food at room temperature as appropriate.
|Serving Size 1 scoop|
|Amount Per 1 scoop||% Daily Value|
|Proprietary Probiotic Blend (5+ billion CFUs)||500 mg*|
|in a base of inulin (derived from chicory root)|
|Lactobacillus species||2.5+ billion CFUs*|
|Bifidobacterium species||2.5+ billion CFUs|
|Other Ingredients: None.|
Nutrivene Baby Biotic contains 66 grams per container.
*Daily Value not established
Note: this product should be refrigerated for optimal freshness. We do not recommend ordering this product if you live outside the U.S. If you want to order this product and ship it internationally, we cannot guarantee the label potency of the product.